Keresés ebben a blogban

2014. október 20., hétfő

Caribou - Our Love

Kép: Facebook
Last Friday we went to A38 to experience what Caribou released in early October (Our Love) and what he could offer by his band. I wanted to write about this album before the event - in order to give some ideas how to spend an awesome Friday night. But the tickets were sold 10 days before the concert - so that wouldn't have been a good recommendation. After the concert I can say that Caribou's electronic dance music (sorry, but this is dance music) is fucking great by a band. I read a review about Our Love in opinion weekly Magyar Narancs. In that review the album got 3 stars of 5 and the writer said Caribou made a good job but he just couldn't repeat what he has been doing as his alter-ego, Daphni. The critic also writes he feels that Mr Snaith (Caribou's real name) found a recipe for success 3 years ago and now he just doesn't want to leave his comfort zone. The album is not fresh - well, I don't care. And honestly I don't know Caribou's or Daphni's discography but this album could work. It is electronic, it can be monotonic, poetic or lyrical. Some of the songs reminds me early dubstep (All I Ever Need) some of them could be part of a techno-set (Our Love - brilliant), you can find pure psychedelia too (Your Love Will Set You Free) and I haven't mentioned the summer-hit Can't Do Without You. The weekest point of the album is the Second Chance. And I still think it was terrible at the concert too. Sorry. Beside that the album is still worth 4.5 of 5. Listen the whole stuff here (and follow him on SoundCloud or on Facebook):



Jefe

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése